Many tribes and military organizations have taken the wolf as their totem animal and considered themselves as werewolves:
- The mongols of Gengis Kahn who submitted most of Europe called themselves the “wolves”
- The Berksekr were german and scandinavian tribes who disguised themselves as wolves or bears during battles. The appropriation ritual celebrated by the sorcerer was supposed to give them the strengh of the animal.
- The Lombards or “DogŒs heads” were fierced soldiers during the religion wars.
- The extreme rightist party “Organization Werewolf” created in 1923 in France by Fritz Klappre de Halle.
- The resistants from Otto Skorzemy to Mussolini in Italy.
- The Werwolf unit in Hitler’s army.